Shore Catch Trading – 1 February to 5 February 2021

Shore Catch advises that our retail outlet in Wangara will be closed during the Perth, Peel and South West Hard Lockdown as notified by the Western Australian Government on 31 January 2021.  We are of the view that  recreational fishing does not qualify as exercise within a neighbourhood for one hour a day as per the stated exemptions, and therefore is not allowed.  Attendance to purchase our products is also not shopping for essential goods, and risks must be minimised.  The Hard Lockdown will impact our business as we will receive no revenue for the week, but the safety of WA citizens is the most important consideration at this point in time.

As a family business, we will still continue to work at our premises over the period.  Most of our bait products are food grade so our suppliers will still operate over the lockdown.  We will fully restock our range after a very busy January, continue with our rebranding and showroom upgrade, and list our selected product on the new website.

Please follow the Government directives regarding this threat, as we believe they will be appropriate for the situation.  Stay safe, and we look forward to seeing you when the potential outbreak is appropriately contained.

Mick

Ability is what you are capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it - LH.

sealure's picture

Date Joined: 19/05/12

Hi Mickyour very responsible

Mon, 2021-02-01 07:52

Hi Mick

your very responsible attitude sets a wonderful example to all of us. 

bradz's picture

Date Joined: 29/10/07

Sensible

Mon, 2021-02-01 08:32

Probalby the most responsible and measured post Ive seen on the internet for a while.

Stay safe Mick and everyone. 

I did then the best that I knew how. When I knew better, I did better.

kirky79's picture

Date Joined: 13/01/12

I’ve got a Landscape supply yard

Mon, 2021-02-01 15:31

And I've closed that for the 5 days too. As I don't believe gardening is an essential job. Pretty sure a competitor is open though. 

sea-kem's picture

Date Joined: 30/11/09

Good onya Mick I need to

Mon, 2021-02-01 15:47

Good onya Mick I need to come see you at some stage for our yearl trip north bait.

I've told all my clients there'll be no site work or visits until this is over. Luckily my workshop is very isolated, but amazingly had Bombay transport drop off a package today and the clown just wanders into the workshop until I reminded him of the F%$ken signs on the door saying no entry. FFS

Love the West!