March 2020 Abrolhos Trip

Hi Fishers,

planning a late March trip from Fremantle to the Abrolhos Islands in a 42' Randall with some mates, leaving ( subject to weather) 23rd and need to be back no later than the 2nd April due to interstate mates flights.

the boat isn't a speedboat by any means, cruising is about 12kn, burins around 70 lt an our, got 1200lt capacity, is there anyone I can prearrange topping up diesel on any of the islands, obviously I'm going to need to refuel along the way as well but the answer to my question might determine heading out to the islands from Jurien Bay or Geraldton.

any suggestions of places to see, checkout ect would be great, never been there before so any areas to fish ect if yoire happy to share would be happily received. 
same goes if anyone else is planning a trip for the same time, be great to hook up with another boat.

im also planning on towing my 4.5m runnabout to use for trolling ect and generally running around 

Cheers 

Daz

Date Joined: 01/02/10

Top up at dongara would be

Sat, 2020-02-01 07:26

Top up at dongara would be more direct than gero if you are worried about range. 
That's a pretty tight timeline if the weather turns bad. 

Does anyone know where the love of god goes, when the waves turn the minutes to hours?

Date Joined: 10/12/15

the fuel is slightly cheaper

Thu, 2020-02-20 06:33

the fuel is slightly cheaper than Jurien too for some reason , I was planing to do the same trip this year but have postponed it to next anzac day now due to another family holiday thats been booked so I would be really interested in how it all goes mate I have a carribean 35 

sea-kem's picture

Date Joined: 30/11/09

We noticed Greenhead was 10c

Thu, 2020-02-20 07:30

We noticed Greenhead was 10c a litre cheaper than Jurien on our last run up the coast.

Love the West!

still trying's picture

Date Joined: 27/06/17

The last 2 years fuel around

Thu, 2020-02-20 10:05

The last 2 years fuel around new years was 10 cents cheaper in Leeman than in Perth. 

rather be fishing