Help, Fenwich Highlander hlf910 10wt, Jay Burgess style GT killed the front half

Jay would have been proud, but the rod (or me) certainly was not up to it. It is not the best but I have treasured times with it. Does anyone know if you can just replce the front of the rod?

Man was it fun whilst it lasted, but graphite makes a very distinctive "ting/crack" combo when it goes. GT was about 15kg judging by photos posted and took a large surf candy right at the boat. That was the last time I saw it. My Akuma Flyreel has drag but what the!!! It didnt matter and neither did my now injured thumb.

Back to the point. Can I replace the front half please. Ryan etc please let me know.

Cheers

Neels

"I would like to die on Mars. Just not on impact!!" _ Elon Musk

jay_burgess's picture

Date Joined: 18/08/05

good stuff. GTs - they're

Sat, 2009-06-20 21:18

good stuff. GTs - they're brutal.

crasny1's picture

Date Joined: 16/10/08

No shit!!!

Sun, 2009-06-21 13:31

When I saw it i knew it was going to be a gear breaking exercise. I thought the leader would go but I had overkill with a 40pound tippit.

It was fun but I would have loved to have had that on the Monster mesh and the 14000 Saragosa.

Next time.

PS we were just having sport fishing fun at the pond zero intake to get out of the wind. Didnt expect that size there!!!!????

Neels

jay_burgess's picture

Date Joined: 18/08/05

Where's pond zero?

Sun, 2009-06-21 13:43

Where's pond zero?

crasny1's picture

In the creek system

Sun, 2009-06-21 13:55

Between mainland and west intercouse island. If you go in there you will see the Groin and there is heaps of sporty little GTs about, with queenies and Jacks chucked in, not normally big GTs. Just try to get close to the water intake, and if only we could get to the other side of that wall!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????

Cheers

Neels

Date Joined: 01/01/70

replacemnt top section!

Sat, 2009-06-20 22:01

Neels, with many flyrod wholesalers they dont like selling/supplying "top sections" only as the blanks often dont match up ie the replacement.

Often models also discontinue and so do the replacement parts, i can find out Monday if ya want!

crasny1's picture

Ryan that would be great. It is sentimental only but that is VIP

Sun, 2009-06-21 13:27

Just let me know and when you ever get up to Kcity we will fly together. Fun from a boat when you dont have to false cast so much.

Neels

Webby's picture

Date Joined: 24/09/08

Aahh a fellow Ktown fly

Sun, 2009-06-21 16:05

Aahh a fellow Ktown fly fisherman. It seams there arn't that many of us around. Nice job on the GT, spewin about the rod. Do you target many jacks on fly? if so what kind of fly do you normaly use?

I live with fear every day... sometimes she lets me go fishing.