Service for Yamaha 150HP

After any recommendations NOR ( preferably Mobile but doesn't have to be ) for someone to do a service on a 150HP Yamaha 4 Stroke. Was previously using Ross's Mobile Marine and found him very good and thorough, however his messagebank says that he is not taking any bookings due to excessive work load. 

Cheers

scubafish's picture

Date Joined: 15/08/12

Try

Fri, 2021-01-15 11:45

https://www.facebook.com/waterlinemarineperth/

http://img.gg/BQ91Sys

duges66's picture

Date Joined: 07/03/12

Do it yourself

Fri, 2021-01-15 14:17

I can send you the full service manual (flick me a PM with your personal email) & there are plenty of step by step videos on youtube. This particular series of videos is for a 250HP but the task remains the same and D-Ray's vids will guide you thru the full 100hr type service. These videos helped me take control of my own services and have saved me thousands over the years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUyh-0so5ks
After watching D-Ray's vids you don't really need the service manual, but it's handy to have if you want to do other more intrusive stuff.
It's not hard to drop & replace your oils, filters, thermostat, anodes (if they need replacing) & spark plugs. I'm no mechanic but after doing it myself I wouldn't trust it to any one else. The hardest task, if you could call it that, is changing your water pump impeller and even that with his step by step videos is a relatively simple job. Want a job done right? Do it yourself.
Tools required, socket set, slotted screw driver, quart pump (topping up lower leg gear oil) & a belt/filter wrench. Buy once and your set for up for many services to come.
As for parts, if your model is the same as mine I'll send you my list of the Yamaha part numbers you'll require.

There's 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those that can't.

joel231's picture

Date Joined: 18/09/12

Hey duges66, Would that

Mon, 2021-01-25 11:57

Hey duges66,

Would that service manual suit a yamaha 115hp? If so would i be able to grab it off you?

Cheers Joel

Mark_M's picture

Date Joined: 10/04/15

Phil Somerville

Sat, 2021-01-16 10:21

Perth Outboard Repairs (mobile).

Date Joined: 23/04/11

Ill second Waterline. Cam is

Fri, 2021-01-22 15:54

Ill second Waterline. Cam is about as fair and honest as you will find, and a top fitter.

Date Joined: 23/04/11

Ill second Waterline. Cam is

Fri, 2021-01-22 15:54

Ill second Waterline. Cam is about as fair and honest as you will find, and a top fitter.

dowders's picture

Date Joined: 23/01/11

Thanks for all the

Tue, 2021-01-26 07:38

Thanks for all the suggestions and offers of the service manual. I do have the service manual and have done it once before with a bit of help but more of a time issue for me. Anyway managed to get in contact with Ross and he serviced it, great job as normal he just wasn't taking on any new clients as is so busy servicing existing ones. Next year is the big one 1000 hours with the timing belt :(