good start to 2023

The way the wind has been blowing it has been hard to get out. We saw a windows on new years day to get out so that was it. Up at 4 and on the water by 5:30 but with a bit of residual swell it took us about hour and a half to get out 17nm . Finally lines were in the water about 7 but the fish just didn't want to play very well. First area resulted in 4 blacks in about 8 drifts trying to provoke  the fish that were showing to take the bait. Very frustrating.  We decided on 1 more drift in the area then move on. As Sandy hadn't had a lot of sleep after finishing work at 9:30 on new years eve she dozed off with rod in hand . All of a sudden both our rods doubled over at the same time which woke Sandy up real quick . Thinking it was a shark that took our lines but after a bit of a fight I managed to subdue what was on my line and up came a nice size golden trevally.  Sandys line was still peeling out as she was struggling and handed it to me. After another 5 minuits up came another big golden trevally (bigger than mine lol).

We then moved on looking for a nice flare up which I found with a bit of driving around. Next 2 drifts resulted in 4 nice size blacks breaking the surface then a damn sand snapper. 

Took I bit more time to get the next 2 fish as the drift had changed , wind going one way and current going the other it was a bit frustrating with the boat spinning around in circles. Last to fish came aboard after a bit of time and we had bagged out by 11:15 . Quick clean up of the boat and we headed in with the wind and swell chasing us all the way in .

All up we had a great day out and just hope it won't be that long before the next session

RUSS and SANDY. A family that fishes together stays together

Image Upload: 

Date Joined: 21/05/12

nice work m8

Mon, 2023-01-02 17:36

nice work m8

Faulkner Family's picture

Date Joined: 11/03/08

Couple of red fish would have

Wed, 2023-01-04 14:52

Couple of red fish would have been nice but not complaining

RUSS and SANDY. A family that fishes together stays together