Ryobi safari 5000 metalroyal

Has anybody had any luck with these reels? Went out to buy a saltiga spin but looked at the ryobi and it felt realy good so thought i would save some coin and give it a go. The first reel didn't even catch a fish on its first outing the anti-reverse went straight away first drop! Got given a new reel from the rep all good i thought every product has a lemon. Dropped a jig straight down a sambos throat the other day with the new reel didn't even need to jig and as the weight came on the anti-reverse shit its self yet again. Super smooth drag though.

I actually fish.

chrisp's picture

Date Joined: 24/05/08

Metaroyal

Mon, 2009-12-28 17:56

Had mine for about 18months.I run pe4 jigman ultra and it was my main jig reel until just recently when I got my stella.I think they are great reels for the price.mine has accounted for around 50 sambos and has shown little signs of wear and tear.I've had no problems with the anti reverse

kye86's picture

Date Joined: 26/11/08

i've had mine for about

Mon, 2009-12-28 18:51

i've had mine for about 12months running pe5 the whole time. its been on roughly 4 jigging trips as well as having plenty of use landbased and its handled everything really well so far. i have noticed the anti reverse not working once when was cleaning it so i stripped it down and put it back together when i couldn't find anything wrong and havn't had a problem since. 

81macca's picture

Date Joined: 02/07/09

That gives me a bit of

Mon, 2009-12-28 19:12

That gives me a bit of confidence the next replacement will hold up. Was surprised it didnt last as they are aimed at the jigging/popper scene.

I actually fish.

ChrisW's picture

Date Joined: 08/09/06

what are the typical retail

Fri, 2010-05-07 09:56

what are the typical retail prices?

Date Joined: 20/04/09

mo tackle have them for $399

Fri, 2010-05-07 15:43

mo tackle have them for $399 + postage

you can pick them up cheaper from overseas from ebay, there usually around the $250mark