Ocean whaler 565

Hi all,

Just wondering if I can get some opinions on the ocean whaler 565 performance and handling. 

Been doing alot of research but whilst the previous threads on here generally give a positive view Ive also read a lot of generic trihull opinion that really bags out the design as a whole bone shattering experience.

If you've owned one or been a passenger in one at any stage would really appreciate your take on them.

Cheers 

Marineboy's picture

Date Joined: 14/03/14

Ocean whaler

Fri, 2017-02-03 11:43

hi straith

i currently own one of these, give me a call if you want to chat or come and have a look. 

Mark

My spots are so secret even the fish don't know about them !

straith's picture

Date Joined: 25/11/13

Cheers Mark. 

Fri, 2017-02-03 11:51

Cheers Mark.

Date Joined: 08/10/13

Ive fished in one quite a

Fri, 2017-02-03 17:31

Ive fished in one quite a few times and have to admit it is probably the best boat ive ever fished out of for throwing lures for GTs.  Its like fishing on a jetty super stable and remarkable dry ride in even horrible conditions for a small boat.  They get really good fuel economy as well.  Build quality is  really good and the only negetives are storage and having water around your feet sometimes as they dont drain the best.  Highly recommend.

straith's picture

Date Joined: 25/11/13

Thanks Cruzy! What I wanted

Sat, 2017-02-04 12:30

Thanks Cruzy! What I wanted to hear.

Just bought one and I agree not alot of custom extras on it with regards to storage, kill tanks etc but really going for ride and fishability and responsiveness driving too. Looking forward to the centre console experience as this is my first.

Cheers!

Date Joined: 05/12/09

I wish they built a bigger

Tue, 2017-02-28 07:34

I wish they built a bigger version that had enough space for a portaloo in the console and enough room to roll out 2 swags on!! That would be awesome!!