Chivers Predator 650 Cuddy

Evening all, first post here so excuse the newbie questions but can’t find anything on them. 

Im looking at a secondhand 02 Chivers Predator 650. It’s got a 130 Honda on the back. 

Anyone got an opinion/ experience with these? I’ve spoke to Peter at Chivers and he had one himself and rated it highly. I’m looking for a family friendly fisher. Prob 25 family/ 75 fishing split. Something comfortable for the youngsters (2&5) to head to Rotto on. 

Cheers, Dave

hodge's picture

Date Joined: 03/09/07

Predator

Thu, 2018-05-10 20:36

Hey mate.

I have a 2010 chivers predator 650sf.

Very good boat i have found, regularly fish over 30 mile offshore whether it be up out from perth or up north. Very well built boat and rides reasonably well.

Only issue i found is that it sometimes likes to broach in a heavy following sea, not badly but it liked to grab sometimes. Solved that issue by adding a water tank down near the ass end and had been great ever since.

I have a 150hp honda on mine so yours may possibly need some more weight..

If you have any more questions feel free to PM me

Date Joined: 28/04/18

pm'd you mate, cheers

Thu, 2018-05-10 20:50

pm'd you mate, cheers

ranmar850's picture

Date Joined: 12/08/12

Funny, I was talking to an owner the other day

Fri, 2018-05-11 09:52

I noticed this thing parked down the road, My interest was piqued by the fact he was running a 150 Merc 4 stroke, and I was wondering how it was propped. I thought the hull looked familiar, turns out they are the old Pacemaker 210 hull with a different cap. He was generally very happy with it, said it was quite a light hulll for it's size. He bought it new, originally had a 150 Opti, which blew up , so he rpelaced it with the 4 stroke.