The Ashes 2005

Now I don't know about you, but I am over the moon by the return of Richie, Tony and some Australian commentators to the cricket coverage. Yesterday when one of the English commentators said "This is the changing of the guard", when England put seven slips in before lunch and Australia was considered to be on the ropes I was completly disgusted and couldn't believe my ears.

First day on an English greentop with the ball moving around everywhere, zipping and cutting back off the seam and they think that the Aussies are dead and gone for.. Well.... All we can say over here is.. OOOOOOh AHHHHHH Glenn McGrath.. The man is a machine and with England at 7-90, I can tell you that the changing of the guard won't be today and maybe the English commentators should wait until they see England bat before they comment about the fortunes of their side.. But, it is quite satisfying watching them put their team up on a pedestal and for McGrath to bowl the legs from under them.. Very enjoyable watching indeed..

Site Admin - Just ask if you need assistance

Adam Gallash's picture

Date Joined: 29/11/05

Ashes

Mon, 2005-07-25 14:10

Well, the poms got pumped in the end and the McGrath machine did the damage.. Congratulations Aussies for teaching them a cricket lesson, hopefully the other tests will be as enjoyable as this one.

Adam Gallash's picture

Well what a game of

Sun, 2005-08-07 19:49

Well what a game of cricket.. gawd they were some lucky poms.. awesome display from the tailenders and definately one of the best games of test match cricket i've seen in a while.. Good effort from the aussies to get even close in my opinion, despite some of the bad decisions from the umpi's..

Oh well, 3rd test starts soon, is set to be a good series..

sambo's picture

Date Joined: 19/07/05

It was intense wasn't it? I

Mon, 2005-08-08 10:59

It was intense wasn't it? I was up late saturday watching it and last night.. sooo close. 3 runs. BLee  and Warney picked up the slack impressively.

Amped for the third.. 

gone with the wind.

Date Joined: 20/07/05

sammy. Where did all this

Tue, 2005-08-09 09:13

sammy. Where did all this interest in the cricket come from?? You must have been bloody bored to watch the cricket

sambo's picture

strange huh? yeah i've been

Tue, 2005-08-09 10:01

strange huh? yeah i've been getting into it a bit over the last few seasons, and since my DSL has been disconnected at home I have been lost for things to do. Telstras coming over during the week to put another line in so soon it will be business as usual ie: less sport more WoW. Plus it was a pretty close game.

gone with the wind.

Adam Gallash's picture

Be interesting to see how

Tue, 2005-08-09 15:43

Be interesting to see how the next one goes without Lee. Wonder who they will get to replace him?

sambo's picture

"New South Wales fast bowler

Tue, 2005-08-09 16:37

"New South Wales fast bowler Stuart Clark has been called into the Australian Test squad to cover injured fast bowlers Glenn McGrath and Brett Lee for the third Test, which starts at Old Trafford on Thursday.

McGrath is almost certain to miss the Test after suffering an ankle injury in the warm-up to the Edgbaston match."

link

is this guy any good? walky was saying they should bring another spinner in...

gone with the wind.

sambo's picture

Damn

Wed, 2005-09-14 11:12

I guess thats the end of this thread for a while....

gone with the wind.