abalone season 2015

today was the second day of the abalone season for 2015

i was going to go for a swim, but i stayed in bed as it looked a bit windy, and the forecast wasnt good, plus the trig surf cam looked rough

what were the conditions like this morning ?

did many people go out ?

Date Joined: 07/01/15

certainly did

Sun, 2015-12-06 22:16

Went off Point Peron with 2 mates. Found some good abs. Was nice in the water. A bit of surge and fetch but the swell was down and have experienced far worse. Surf life savers had two jetskis out and many thanks for their efforts nonetheless. 

Getting out on a Sunday morning to watch characters of our society get Abalone on a Sunday morning when its raining is dedication. 

Chatted to some blokes in the carpark who were considering walking across to Penguin Island but couldn't as it had been closed. Interestingly they were wearing pants and long sleeve tops! After discussions suggested they get a cheap wetsuit for Abbing.

Did not see many people out. A mate and I who go diving and free diving enjoy the washing machine effect, to a degree. 

Ots nice to sleep in but also nice to have got a feed of abs, breakfast and good bout of exercise well before 8. Particularly if heading over to GI to then get a feed of crays, sandies or squid after

MandurahMatt's picture

Date Joined: 18/09/13

5 hrs over 5 months, i find

Mon, 2015-12-07 05:34

5 hrs over 5 months, i find it more enjoyable to head south of busso.

Bewdey Fellaz

Dale's picture

Date Joined: 13/09/05

Mon, 2015-12-07 09:21

Yep, from the jetty south, we were catching all of hours around Bunkers.

"Just because you are a Character, Doesn't mean you have Character."

Mr Wolf

GGs's picture

Date Joined: 06/09/14

It was like a washing machine

Mon, 2015-12-07 10:28

It was like a washing machine at mettams, spent the whole time getting rag-dolled.

Managed 9 decent sized ones in about 30mins then called it and got out to preserve my shins and knees.

I did see a few older guys get done for excess and undersize abs aswell... hope they got the book thrown at them!