2013 NBSFC Billfish Shootout

So who's braving the shocking weather and heading out to find a few billies?

I hope more fish show than last year, i'm not putting up with that crap weather to hook 3 and land only 1 in 2.5 days! at least i have new clears this year

Las Vegas - Rolling the dice and trying your luck. 1M+ Barra summer target. 100kg Black Marlin winter target

Date Joined: 02/01/10

After last years cyclonic

Thu, 2013-05-30 16:00

After last years cyclonic weather I vowed never again!!!

I prefer to enjoy my fishing.  Less crowds, less dickheads on the radio and i feel I am getting too old to be getting up every day at 4am on my days off work.

http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/legendre_island

I'm gonna go to work and bludge my arse off reading fishing websites 

Adam Gallash's picture

Date Joined: 29/11/05

Yup

Thu, 2013-05-30 16:40

With ya there, caught enough pinheads and pointyheads over the years not to bother getting flogged for it.  Rain most of the weekend, if it aint coming over the gunwhales, it will be coming from the heavens.  Lol

Site Admin - Just ask if you need assistance

pricey10's picture

Date Joined: 07/01/12

We will be out there

Thu, 2013-05-30 17:54

We will be out there defending our title. From what I know there's defntly less billies around this year to

Karratha. WA

Brucesta's picture

Date Joined: 29/05/09

Might sit in Rosemary and

Thu, 2013-05-30 18:59

Might sit in Rosemary and squid until one is called in I think! Keep out of trouble pricey, don't need a repeat of last year. Thank goodness I'm skipper I can stay dry

Las Vegas - Rolling the dice and trying your luck. 1M+ Barra summer target. 100kg Black Marlin winter target

pricey10's picture

Date Joined: 07/01/12

Same here ill be taking

Fri, 2013-05-31 10:09

Same here ill be taking squid jigs. We are a bit more prepared for the rough weather this year and I plan on keeping dry this year. Good luck ill see ya out there I'm sure you will like our home made clears we made yesterday lol

Karratha. WA

Brucesta's picture

well the bilge pump packed

Sun, 2013-06-02 10:23

well the bilge pump packed it in and we took on probably 300-400l of water, it was lapping on the deck, got to the ships and turned straight back. for the two guys who got fish thats bloody nuts!!

crasny1's picture

Date Joined: 16/10/08

Madness from the sound off it

Sun, 2013-06-02 10:58

I thought you had brains Brucesta???

"I would like to die on Mars. Just not on impact!!" _ Elon Musk

Brucesta's picture

I have brains I turned

Mon, 2013-06-03 09:28

I have brains I turned around as soon as I realised it wasn't worth the risk. We didn't even wet a line. Comp has been cancelled now and rightly so. Scariest weather I've ever been in that's for sure

Mick's picture

Date Joined: 28/08/06

Heard you had a little bilge

Mon, 2013-06-03 09:34

Heard you had a little bilge pump prob Brucesta. Wouldn't have been nice out there at all. Glad ol mates boat wasn't ready for the comp. Roll on FeNaClng

If the lord did not mean for us to eat fish and game, he wouldn't have made them outta meat

The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound. That's why so many people appear bright...until they speak.

Brucesta's picture

Just a little mick, all good

Mon, 2013-06-03 20:45

Just a little mick, all good in the end and the trusty Las Vegas and its workhorse Yamaha it us home safe and sound. I'll be back the parts are already on order

Date Joined: 03/03/10

ahhh yes

Thu, 2013-06-06 15:52

the old " the parts are on order ' and 'the part is $50 and freight is $75 that will be $125 thanks" the only down side to living in the pilbara