2006 boat project

bought this plate hull after finding it at my bosses house. Saw that it was a Milton rear and Greg collett built boat and a Dave Jackman hull which was amazing. After tossing and turning wheather to keep it or not, I decided to go all out in it and build the boat again to how I wanted it.

All welding and fab work was done by Willie and bullet welding. He is a great guy to deal with and one of the nicest blokes I have come across and his team also.

Its a 6.3m hull 7.4loa

alot of money has gone into this and I am almost finished. 

So got rails put onnthe marlin boards for jogging and scuba diving. They both have fold down ladders for both divers.

Upgraded the 80l poly tank to a 240 stainless and a 110l kill tank

enclosed the front cabin area

got the hard top strengthened and also got the transom re-enforced for the 200 Honda 

got the bow rails removed and extended and raised higher for those big tuna throwing sessions 

prob abit more but can’t rememeber haha 

Image Upload: 

Swompa's picture

Date Joined: 14/10/12

Look forward to seeing it on

Fri, 2019-11-01 19:52

Look forward to seeing it on the water!

Date Joined: 22/05/19

Me too man prob another 3

Fri, 2019-11-01 20:15

Me too man prob another 3 weeks away from hitting the water. Relocating the batteries to inside the cabin and gotta give her a fresh lick of paint inside and carpet the deck.  

Date Joined: 17/06/10

Oooh Yeah

Fri, 2019-11-01 22:31

Now that looks very shmiko bloody great job you have done there let the good times roll hey.

rob90's picture

Date Joined: 06/02/13

Niiice! Its turning into the

Sat, 2019-11-02 06:27

Niiice! Its turning into the boat it always should've been, well done. Once its on the water you'll be glad you never sold it. Just in time for summer too

Hi my name is rob............. and I'm a........... fishaholic

Date Joined: 22/05/19

Yeah another 3-4 weeks off I

Sat, 2019-11-02 07:33

Yeah another 3-4 weeks off I reckon. The dickheads who installed the engine didn’t put a backing plate on the engine to the transom (which I asked for) which was abit of a concern because I believe every plate boat needs poly or some sort of backing plate. And would you believe it. One of the bolts has a leak which is why I really wanted a backing plate haha. But got her booked into midway marine for them to put that on and possibly some trim tabs  

sea-kem's picture

Date Joined: 30/11/09

Nicccccce , love to see

Sat, 2019-11-02 08:06

Nicccccce , love to see these things come together.

Love the West!