Simrad S2009 and Evo 3

Thought I would throw up a few pics of the new sounder out deep dropping. I have the S2009 and TM185M transducer linked to an Evo3 and totalscan transducer. Still need to fine tune and move transducer down a little but so far pretty happy with the results. I removed the Furuno and TM260 because I could never get 50khz to read at all and wanted to have a linked system where I can scroll back and mark fish and structure on the sounder. Loved the furuno in 200khz but the 50khz annoyed me to much working sometimes and then not. I have since learnt a few more settings since and am getting better returns. Will try get better pics next trip.

Drifting up a ledge

Drifting through fish. Lines and loss from holding the boat in reverse

Bottom of the drop off still playing with settings. Not the best picture but can see the fish. Had scroll and ping speed all wrong and reversing

Trolling for marlin

Totalscan transducer holding bottom but not marking the fish. Totalscan only good for me out to 50mtrs

Image Upload: 

Date Joined: 21/05/12

looks like nice sharp

Sun, 2017-09-17 11:56

looks like nice sharp pics

anything come up on it

bouttime's picture

Date Joined: 27/07/06

Ruby snapper and 8 bar cod.

Sun, 2017-09-17 11:57

Ruby snapper and 8 bar cod. Was a slow day plenty on the sounder but very tough fishing

sonofdarryl's picture

Date Joined: 20/08/16

TM location

Tue, 2017-11-21 10:31

Hey mate FYI, you could get a lot clearer picture if you moved your transducer up so its about 3-4 mill above flush to the boat. Youll be getting water slamming into it causing it some disturbance. Always helps to poke your head over the back with someone driving the boat, and check for a spot with the cleanest water leaving the back of the boat. 

Jackalchub's picture

Date Joined: 10/03/12

Although I miss my furuno at

Tue, 2017-11-21 11:49

Although I miss my furuno at times, have pushed the S2009 to 400m without fuss - it’s a good unit for the price .. B175m wet face thru hull