Mounting an NSS Evo3S 12 inch to Cruisecraft 625 Outsider

Hi Everyone, not sure if this is the correct place to post it, but I have question regarding installation of a Simrad NSS Evo 3s 12 inch and use of Acrylic.

Boat Bio - 2002 625 Cruisecraft outsider, 2017 Merc 150 4 stroke. 

My current setup up has space for a 7 inch (Raymarine MFD currently installed - actually a pretty neat unit) and two Mercury Smartcraft gauges.  See photo.

I want to remove it all and replace with the 12 inch Simrad, and to do that I need to cover the existing helm with new acrylic flat sheet and glue/fix into place.  Firstly has anyone done this or something similar before ? Is it easy enough to mount the new acrylic sheet, keeping it flat gives me more confidence.  I don't want a bracket mount.

Will I miss the smart craft gauges ?  Should I attempt to keep them, I do have room at the top of the new acrylic board (see photo with cardboard template) to put them back in but they will be on an angle that means you will only look at them whilst standing. 

Comments appreciated. 

Image Upload: 

Date Joined: 19/06/14

I’ve just installed the same.

Thu, 2020-09-10 15:31

Not enough Realestate on my cats dash for a flush mount so bracket it is. Keep the gauges as they're well worth it I've got Mercs on my tub and it was easier to keep the smartcraft and look at them v having a split screen on the evo3.  

My wife understands why I clean my rods n reels in the shower....