Anglers required - Vanuatu 2013. Dogtooth Tuna, GTs, Marlin and more PRICE DROP

I am planning a charter with Ocean Blue for December 2013.

We will be fishing Vanuatu, a mix of popping and jigging with a bit of marlin trolling thrown in if we get tired

We need a total of four guys to book the lodge and have myself and one other locked in already so there are two places available.

Trip is in December when the water should be warm, giving us a great shot at a Doggy on stickbait along with horse GTs, big tuna and all your standard reefies.

Cost is $3700 including 7 nights accommodation, 6 days fishing, all meals and tackle provided on a break/replace basis for those that need it (i think, but can confirm if anyone needs loan tackle).

Accommodation is apparently really nice, and the boat looks great.

More details can be found here

http://www.oceanbluefishing.com/vanuatu-fishing-trips/vanuatu-extreme-dogtooth-gt-popping-safari/

We'll be booking so that we fish either side of the full moon early December (so landing in Vanuatu around 1 December).

We are looking to book soon, and a 50% deposit is required on booking. An option to make it easier to sell to the Mrs (and what I am doing) is to get them to meet you for a week's holiday in Vanuatu at the end of the fishing!

UPDATE - one person is likely to have to pull out, so there's now an opportunity to join this trip at short notice. Please PM if keen. There is a possiblilty of a (small to moderate) price reduction if somebody is able to commit soon. PM for more details

Dan

When asked by a non-fisherman 'how many fishing rods do you really need?' the correct answer is either:

n+1 (where n is the number of fishing rods you currently own); or

n-1 (where n is the number of fishing rods which would cause your significant other to dump you. 

Leemo's picture

Date Joined: 22/02/07

so tempting

Fri, 2012-10-05 12:19

so tempting

bludgin' since 94'

Yewiefish85's picture

Date Joined: 02/01/11

Dan, I may be interested in

Fri, 2012-10-05 15:15

Dan, I may be interested in this trip, will talk to the mrs about it tonight and will probably get in touch tomorrow, might have to pinch your idea and get her to meet me there!

Cheers Yewie

Date Joined: 10/06/09

does that include flights

Fri, 2012-10-05 17:34

does that include flights there ?

I doubt it so how much incl the flights?

getting the bottom line final answer from a bunch of blokes that use false names and put smiley faces at the end of paragraphs is not the best place in the world to get the information you seek.

Date Joined: 07/09/11

pm sent

Fri, 2012-10-05 18:09

pm sent

dkonig82's picture

Date Joined: 06/07/10

Hey guys - doesn't include

Fri, 2012-10-05 18:35

Hey guys - doesn't include flights. Flight price depends on lots of things so can do your own research, I'll be going with Virgin as I can get cheap flights with them.

Yewie - would be good to finally catch up, let me know tomorrow. Rocket has said he is keen and likely in, I'll hold the other spot till tomorrow till I've heard from you. I'll be travelling for next few weeks but will be checkiing here every day or so.

Dan

When asked by a non-fisherman 'how many fishing rods do you really need?' the correct answer is either:

n-1 (where n is the number of fishing rods which would cause your significant other to dump you. 

Yewiefish85's picture

No worries mate, would love

Fri, 2012-10-05 18:42

No worries mate, would love to catch up and actually meet you, i have a good feeling about this, the mrs has been talking about heading somewhere like fiji or vanuatu, will let you know mate.

johno's picture

Date Joined: 20/07/08

Sounds great.. Is this just

Fri, 2012-10-05 19:29

Sounds great.. Is this just a boys trip.. Can the misses come along ? 

Cockburn Power Boat Member (CPBA)

PGFC

dkonig82's picture

Hey johno. Probably not much

Tue, 2012-10-09 01:59

Hey johno. Probably not much for the mrs to do during the actual fishing week if she wasnt fishing, but looking like everyone coming is getting partners to meet there after.

Yewiefish85's picture

Hey Dan, sorry mate, will

Sat, 2012-10-06 19:31

Hey Dan, sorry mate, will have to give this trip a miss,as much as i want to i will take my family on a family holiday (will only have the chance to take one holiday next year) and the mrs isn't too keen on taking the kids all that way by herself (3 and 1), if you are planning anything for 2014 i may be keen.

Cheers Yewie

dkonig82's picture

No worries mate can

Tue, 2012-10-09 01:57

No worries mate can understand that

Palms's picture

Date Joined: 31/05/12

Vanuatu

Fri, 2012-10-26 09:54

Gents me and a mate went there in May this year after I won a trip for two fishing. The place will blow your mind, the resort is a 'shack' on the waters edge that has recently be renovated and is fantastic. Food and hospitality provided by the owners and the people that work there are also awesome.

Regarding the fishing, the boat we fished from was a 32 ft Edgewater walkaround powered by twin 250 four strokes. The boat is stocked with Shimano Stellas, Tiagras etc and the skipper and deckies know how it all works to put you on the fish.

We caught wahoo, doggies but no Gts unfortunatley due to it being overcast.

I took a Saltiga 6500 and a 4500 both loaded with 80lb Varivas and found this tackled most stuff however got cleaned up jigging a couple of times. Jigs used were in the 80 to 130gm, not too heavy and the pink ones were the best. Speed is king over there for doggies, they wont touch a jig unless its being ripped to the surface with heaps of action. Make sure you substitute the assist hook cord for wire, cant express this enough as the wahoo will snip your hooks off on the drop without you even knowing they have done it. I used 37 strand wire to do the job and it worked well, dont bother even trying to jig without this as you will be wasting your time. The wahoo are everywhere.

Take big plastics, the bigger the better with 3 oz + jig heads. I scored a coral trout that would have weighed 10kg by bumping a plastic on the bottom after wearing myself out trying break the sound barrier jigging for doggies. Single strand wire above your plastics is also a must as the monsters will drag you into the coral before you even know whats going on.

Its a great trip, in fact its freeken awsome. You will enjoy every single minute of it.

dkonig82's picture

Cheers for the info Palms,

Thu, 2012-11-01 13:59

Cheers for the info Palms, sounds great.

Were you running a length of wire above the jig too? I've never had much success doing that personally, but have tried it when 'hoo and macks are rampant in the past. Surprised at how light the jigs you were using are - what sort of depth were you chasing the doggies in?

Going to be an awesome trip!

dkonig82's picture

One spot left guys - who's

Fri, 2012-11-02 11:27

One spot left guys - who's keen?!

JohnF's picture

Date Joined: 07/07/10

will be a greattrip Dan.

Fri, 2012-11-02 21:29

will be a greattrip Dan. Shame I cant go,but at least Tim is going, he will have a ball! My $$ are going toward a boat!

Boston Whaler 235 Conquest......getting the flogging it was built for.

dkonig82's picture

Bump = still chasing one

Tue, 2012-11-13 13:06

Bump = still chasing one

Date Joined: 23/01/10

Yeah I'll be in .. Never met

Wed, 2013-01-09 22:44

Yeah I'll be in .. Never met ya before mate but if the spot is still available then I can easily fill it ..

Its a vicious cycle .... Sleep - dream about fishing .... Awake - go fishing ... Go fishing - already planning the next time i get to go fishing ...... We are so lucky to be passionate about such a thing ....

dkonig82's picture

Hey mateWill send you a

Thu, 2013-01-10 08:19

Hey mate

Will send you a PM now. The spot is still available.

Dan

dkonig82's picture

Looking like one person may

Tue, 2013-09-03 16:14

Looking like one person may have to pull out, so one spot likely to be up for grabs

Get on board for what should be an amazing trip. Less than 3 months to wait!

dkonig82's picture

Bump - still chasing one more

Thu, 2013-09-12 14:14

Bump - still chasing one more person. There's a chance of a small price drop given that we are now very near to when the balance of the trip must be paid.

PM me if you are genuinely keen