500ks later

Well Sherbs and myself thought we would head a bit further north looking for some new ground. We headed up the Indian Ocean Drive from Lancelin to Jurien Bay and planned to fish any fishy looking spots on the way. I was wrong when i thought that there was lots of reefy spots close to the road, that must but further north of Jurien where the road all but meets the beach and reefs. Bugger.

The first time we got the rods out after checking out the surrounds was Grey. We drove around and along the beach and this looked the goods. We threw a few different poppers and even some baits but nothing in reply. It was about 3 to 4 m down to the water.

Next we drove towards Jurien and looked at all the tracks we could along the way even Kangaroo point but still not what we were looking for for a fish. We drove around at Cervantes and it looked like a big bay and nothing exciting.

We kept going to Jurien and checked out a couple of spots we had been told about but the directions sucked and we couldnt find either spot off the directions we were given.

So again we drove around looking for somewhere to fish and ended up driving south of Jurien along a track and the beach where some reef met the beach so this will do and we (I, Sherbs caught nothing Haha ) caught 2 little fish ( they are sitting on an upside down Bucket ) a Flatty and a reef fish that was it.  It was now dark so we decided to head home.

Next time i think i will head north of Jurien and look at the spots you can see from the HWY (not like i thought they are north of Jurien and NOT just north of Lancelin my bad sorry) and try again but in the near future i think i will stick to the tried and proven spots alot closer to home. All in all it was a nice day driving with a bit of fishing thrown in and bugger all fish for the 500ks covered but at least we werent working.  thanks Sherbs for the company.

Image Upload: 

crasny1's picture

Date Joined: 16/10/08

That reefy spot looks likely

Fri, 2011-08-05 10:04

Perhaps the fish werent feeding there.

Neels

"I would like to die on Mars. Just not on impact!!" _ Elon Musk

UncutTriggerInWA's picture

Date Joined: 05/09/08

Exploring vs Fishing

Fri, 2011-08-05 15:32

Some days can just be devoted to exploring and for planning your next trip. The problem with those day trips are that you miss the peak times and don't always get a lot of action let alone time in the water. It's the same when I head up to the S-bend etc. I spend a day checking things out and then decide where I want to start and end. That way everything is devoted to lines in the water and not travelling hoping you may get lucky.

One thing is for sure Graham. You now have a better first hand knowledge of what's up there and what's not.

Vince.
Work smart and fish often.
Member and die-hard supporter of the mighty West Coast Eagles.

sherbert's picture

Date Joined: 10/09/06

It was a great bit of fun

Fri, 2011-08-05 18:04

A good chinwagg, And i made short work of graham lollies lol

Luckybay next time m8, And its my turn to drive

Ant way grahham if you fish with vince all you get is a framer, Taking photos of you and saying iam calling the cops

Assassin landbase fishing club

UncutTriggerInWA's picture

Date Joined: 05/09/08

Yes well Mr Sherbert

Fri, 2011-08-05 19:45

You shouldn't trespass mate

Vince.
Work smart and fish often.
Member and die-hard supporter of the mighty West Coast Eagles.

Date Joined: 28/05/11

Next time try Kingy Bay out

Fri, 2011-08-05 19:38

Next time try Kingy Bay out near sandy cape , good little spot north of jurien and south of sandy cape . All the bays around there are pretty good .